Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September 1

Welcome to Economics class. Hope that today was a good day for you. I enjoyed teaching you and I think we are all going to learn a lot about the economy these next few weeks. Remember this class is only for this semester. After Christmas we will begin the Government class.
Be sure to check the blog each week for assignments even though I will give them to you in class. Other information may be here that you will need as well so check the blog through out each week in case I add other information.

Be sure to get the notes if you weren't in class today from a friend. The assignment for next week is the following:

  • Read the article given you: Economics for Girls and Boys.
  • Identify the concepts in this article that we discussed in class: law of supply and demand, wealth, money, taxes, work, production.
  • Read Chapters 1-3 in book
  • look for as many coins as you can find this week with the date of 1965 or earlier and bring to class next week
  • also bring any quarter, dime, nickel, and penny with dates after 1965

You have my email address if you need to write and ask a question or you can call me.

2 comments:

  1. I live in Washington State and follow your church via FB and friends. What an awesome church you have. As a home school Mom, I so wish I lived there. Fantastic Biblical teaching and wonderful home school support. Kudos to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Homefront, thanks for the comment. IT is awesome to know that we are being followed all over the country. Churches like ours are very few at least so I have been told. We do have great support and yes the teaching is wonderful. Fortunately you can hear the teaching on line and there are lots of homeschool support groups on line as well. I know it isn't the same as real live flesh and blood people, but it can help. God bless you on your homeschool journey.

    Debi

    ReplyDelete